This Valentine’s day tell your partner that you love them as much as Ash Ketchum loves Pikachu with a self made card which says: Pik&chuse, I Pik&chuse you!
This card idea came about after a massive stint of FOMO when a Facebook friend’s boyfriend made her a Dorothy the Dinosaur birthday card because, well her name is Dorothy. I had to one-up her and make a bigger, better card for Valentine’s around the corner. It worked! I got more likes, more love from Price Charming and my Pikachu card was so immaculate, a Facebook friend thought Prince Charming was the one who made the card.
The card actually took a decent amount of time to make, drawing Pikachu in the correct proportions is harder than it looks, so attached below in the instructions is a Pikachu template. Although, with the template you might notice the feet and hands have been changed so it looks closer to Pikachu rather than Ratticlaw
What you will need
- 1 sheet of A3 yellow card board (normal yellow not fluoro yellow)
- Pink, red and brown coloured paper (plain origami paper works well)
- A pencil for tracing
- A black maker (can be whiteboard or permanent, I like the Sharpie brand)
- Sharp, clean scissors for cutting the card
- Glue stick
- Place the piece of cardboard in a landscape position, fold the piece of card board in half (from left to right preferable).
- Print out the template, either draw out Pikachu or blow up the template and sketch Pikachu. Make sure to draw the folded side marked with a dotted line on the folded side of the cardboard.
- Trace facial features and tail onto Pikachu
- Using the coloured paper, trace out: hearts (red paper), circles (pink paper) and tail patch (brown paper)
- Stick paper cut outs onto Pikachu according to the template
- Using the scissors, cut out Pikachu from folded cardboard. Be careful not to cut on the folded line.
- Outline Pikachu using the black marker, making sure to colour in his nose and ears.
- Open the card and write a lame Valentine’s message: Here are some serving suggestions:
- Pik&chu, I Pick&chusssseee you
- I Pik& Pik& Pik& Pikachuse you
- I will never evolve and Raichu off
- I still get an electric shock from you
If you don’t want Pik&Chu you can have any other Pokemon, just follow the same method but change the Pokemon you draw. Here are some suggestions:
Feel free follow me/share posts/photos/comments on Twitter @arbkitscissors
Or like/post photos/comments to the Facebook Page